Menu bar

I-cord bind off and attached I-cord - Finishing Techniques

11.5.21

In my recent design Transformer Poncho and Hat set I used I-cord bind off for pretty and simple edge finishing. 

Since this design is very simple with focus to it's shape I did not want to add any ribbing or textured band along the edge,. Instead, I wanted to keep the edge plain and simple, so I cord was a perfect choice. This technique is also used in my several older designs so I decided to make a quick video tutorial for I-cord bind off. Hope you will find it useful not just for my designs but for other projects too.


However, for bigger sizes of the Transformer Poncho picking up stitches along the edge and working on I-cord bind off can be a bit challenging so there is another useful technique - attached I-cord. It can be added to any edge of finished garments fast and easy. 


Knitting pattern for the Transformer poncho is available from Ravelry, Etsy and Lovecrafts

Happy knitting!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment