Menu bar

Winterberry Earflap Hat

12.2.15
I really love knitting cables and patterns with crossed stitches. I also love knitting hats with earflaps. They always look so stylish and cozy as well as keep you warm during cold and windy days. Especially I love knitting this type of hats for my little daughter. So, today I would like to show my latest design – Winterberry Earflap Hat


The hat is knitted with honey comp pattern for the central part of the hat and beautiful cables for the earflaps. It also has textured forehead band.




I used Lana Grossa Bingo merino wool yarn in pretty pink colour to knit my Winterberry Earflap Hat. This aran weight yarn is really soft and beautiful and it looks so great in the finished item. There is only one small negative point about this yarn - it splits quite often when working on patterns with crossed stitches.



I wrote a knitting pattern for this hat which is available from my pattern stores:

11 comments:

  1. I purchased the pattern from Mary Maxim and I am having a problem with the ribbing. I work the stitches as stated and it does not look anything like ribbing or what is shown in the photo. Has there been any change to the pattern?

    The ribbing pattern states yarn overs, knitting 2 together and slipping a stitch on all rows. Is this correct?

    Thank you

    Nancy Brasells
    propiniquity1965@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Nancy,
      Thank you for getting in touch.
      The instruction for ribbing is correct. This is brioche ribbing. So it is very important to follow the instruction for it as written in the pattern.
      I've just sent you photo-tutorial for this stitch to your e-mail.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am making hats for my two granddaughters. I have been struggling with the honeycomb stitch. I am making the larger hat and should have 40 stitches. If I use the instructions as listed I then end up with 21 stitches after row one. This cannot be correct. How do I keep 40sts and use the honeycomb pattern stitch? Thank you.
    Sandy Vice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicesa, Thank you for getting in touch. Please make sure that you follow the instruction for the honeycomb stitch correctly. You need to cross stitches not to work 2 sts together. Please send me message to email shown in the pattern, so I can sent you a link for the video.

      Delete
  4. Thank you Tanya, I will use your email and upload a picture of the pattern. Thank you. Sincerely, Sandy Vice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi ya. I purchased this pattern and am having trouble with the ribbing. I've managed I think row 1 but row 2 is confusing me. I lose half the stitches. What am I doing wrong

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thank you for getting in touch. Please send me message to email shown in the pattern so I'll provide you with photo tutorial for this stitch.

      Delete
  6. Could I please have the video on how to do the ribbing stitch so it looks like the picture(which looks so much like K1,P1). I think it is the YO and sl1 that is messing me up. I don't where to put the yarn. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please send me a message via email shown in the pattern.

      Delete
  7. Please send me the photo tutorials for the rib and honeycomb stitches.

    ReplyDelete