Menu bar

Colour Fantasy Shawl

23.12.17
Hello fellow knitters!

I would like to wish you Merry Xmas and Happy New Year 2018!!!

Today I also would like to share my last knitted design in 2017.
Please welcome my Colour Fantasy Shawl which I knitted for myself.

This shawl is very easy to knit and great way to utilise leftover yarns every knitter has in their stash. I combined just 5 colours but I think the quantity of colours can be much bigger.
The shawl is very pretty and warm. It is knitted with worsted wool yarn Cascade 220.
The knitting pattern for the Colour Fantasy Shawl is available from my pattern stores:

On Ravelry:

On Craftsy:

On Etsy:
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/581874221

On Loveknitting:

https://www.loveknitting.com/colour-fantasy-shawl-knitting-pattern-by-vitalina-craft

4 comments:

  1. This shawl is beautiful. I started last night and have just finished row 24. Row 21 was to finish with 65 stitches which I achieved. Then in row 22 I K2tog, p4 to decrease one stitch at every bobble (I have 10) as instructed. This left me with 55 stitches. Row 23 and 24 don't add any stitches. I will switch colors and do 3 repeats of rows 1 to 4. Shouldn't that give me 61 st., not the 71 listed? In which case subsequent stitch counts would also be off…
    Happy New Year. I'll just keep on keeping on until I hear from you. It's NY Eve, and we're having a quiet evening at home. I'M LOVING YOUR PATTERN. It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear MsHeirloom

      Happy New Year and thank you for getting in touch.
      I’ve double checked the pattern row-by-row. There is a typo in the first row after row 4: The rows 1 to 4 should be repeated FIVE times (not six). Six times repeat makes the stitch count wrong by 2 stitches only.
      Please make sure that you have repeated rows 1 to 4 six or five times. If you have repeated the rows 1 to 4 ONCE only this will give you a difference of 10 stitches from the pattern count.
      Also it should be 12 bobbles after row 21.
      So the beginning of pattern should be as follows:
      Row 1: K1, m1, k1, m1, knit to end of row;
      Row 2: Knit all sts;
      Row 3: K1, m1, knit to last 2 sts, k2tog;
      Row 4: Knit all sts;
      Repeat rows 1 to 4 FIVE more times. [=17 sts]

      I’ll update the pattern shortly.

      Please let me know if you need my further assistance,

      Tanya

      Delete
  2. Tanya- I figured out the error of my ways. I made up the 10 missing stitches by creating another band of color, and then re-read the directions more thoroughly when I did the next rows of bobbles. When I lifted up the bar and made a stitch I did a K1, YO, and then had done the 2nd K1 in the next stitch rather than the made stitch. By doing the K1, YO, and K1 all in the made stitch, the count was correct on the second set of bobbles, and I realized that I had done row 21 incorrectly. I apologize for bothering you about this. Your pattern is correct, my knitting was not!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam, Thank you so much for letting me know that you've figured it out :)

      Delete