Menu bar

Pattern release - E-motion mitts

13.2.20
I have got a request from some of my lovely customers to design a pair of finger-less mitts for children which can be worn with ponchos to keep the little hands warm and cosy. After some experimenting with designs and stitches I designed my E-motion mitts.
These mitts are simple enough to knit but they are really comfortable and cozy to wear.  I decided to make them with some positive fit around arm so they can be worn on the top of light weight sweater for extra warmth and comfort. To keep the mitts in place I added a twisted rib around wrist. To make the knitting more fun and enjoyable I’ve added a textured edge on both sides.
For this project I used Superwash DK yarn from SweetGeorgia in shade Birch.
Also, I couldn’t resist to make a pair of mitts for myself too. For my pair I used undyed yarn Laxtons Blueface Masham Marble DK  The mitts look gorgeous with my new Bloksy shawl, knitting pattern for which is coming soon.
Knitting pattern for E-motion mitts is written for both children and adults and it is available from Ravelry and LoveCrafts.

Knitting pattern for Emotion poncho is also available from Ravelry, Etsy and LoveCrafts

For some inspiration, you can also check the project pages of my lovely test knitters. I really love how they play with colours to customise they mitts.

SweetGeorgia yarn is available from LoveCrafts

No comments:

Post a Comment