Menu bar

Lacystorm Sweater pattern release

4.12.20

Knitted with alpaca-silk blend yarn, this sweater is really warm and comfortable for any season despite lacy stitches. 

Lacystorm sweater is perfect for layering as well as for wearing along. The sweater is designed with positive ease about 10-20cm/4-8 inches. It has dropped shoulders, long sleeves and round neck.

To compensate for the quantity of lacy stitches, I decided to stick to the simple boxy silhouette. So the sweater is knitted with minimum shaping. Even the sleeves top edge is straight line which allows for easy seaming. 

For this sweater I used Askham 4-ply in shade Blossom from the local yarn dyer Eden Cottage Yarn. I’m not the person who normally wears a lot of pink, but I’m so in love with this shade. Those lacy stitches are really easy to memorise that makes the knitting very enjoyable and relaxed. The only difficulty I had was the binding off the shoulder and sleeves edges. 

As a knitter, who has a tendency to tight knitting, I couldn’t get a relaxed stretchy edge. After a few efforts, I decided to use three sizes bigger needles to solve this problem. Also, I used bigger needles to bind off the neck. Knitting pattern for Lacystorm sweater is written for sizes XS to 3XL and it is available from Ravelry and Lovecrafts

Enjoy 15% off introductory discount on Ravelry with code LACY15. Promotion is valid until 10th of December.



No comments:

Post a Comment